Sinus causes, symptoms and treatment with clarinex
Sinus is described as a cavity or sac in any organ or tissue. It could be an abnormal cavity or passage cause due to destruction of the tissues. Generally sinus is referred as paranasal sinuses or AMS, which are the air cavities in the cranial bones, near the nose and connecting to it. These hollow cavities get infected by means of virus and bacteria and causes sinus infection or sinusitis. These sinuses gets inflamed due to allergy and thus it is one of the specific symptoms of allergy. This infection of sinus can be treated with clarinex which is use to reduce inflammation of the sinus and also the allergic symptoms. The blockage of the sinus causes tremendous pain and lot of discomfort. The aim of the sinus treatment aims for the reduction of pain and discomfort. This sinus pain is related to inflammation of the mucosa which leads to pressure and congestion within the sinus cavities. This pain can spread to nearby body part like cheeks, between the eyes and in the front of the head.
Causes of Sinus
It is important to get to know about the exact cause of the sinus infection. Once you know about the cause you can eliminate or prevent the cause or factors that cause these allergic symptoms like sinus infection. These factors or causes are describes below:
• Viruses – These usually cause viral infection like common cold and tend to paralyze the cilia and the cilia thus cannot move the mucus out of the nose. Thus it might cause sinus infection.
• Bacteria – If the mucus cannot drain out of the nose then it becomes the ideal environment for the bacteria to grow causing sinus infection.
• Fungi – This is also one of the causes of infection of sinus.
• Foreign objects – It normally happens with children as they tend to put anything in the nose which may transfer bacteria or virus or fungi causing sinus infection or any other kind of allergy symptoms.
• Excessive nose blowing – Due to this bacteria may travel back causing infection of sinus.
• Side effects of some medications – Some medication has sinus infection as their side effect.
Symptoms of Sinus
Symptoms vary according to which sinus cavity is infected, some are similar to cold or flu but other infections are not. A sinus symptom may also occur as a complication of a cold or flu. Sinus symptoms include: headache, facial pain, nasal congestion, fever, general malaise, thick green or yellow discharge, and feeling of facial fullness worsening on bending over. The treatment of a sinus symptom should deal simultaneously with the infection, the inflammation and the congestion. It aims to relieve the pain, eliminate the viruses and bacteria. Another common symptom of sinus infection is the discharge of greenish or yellowish mucus. Usually a clear mucus discharge is the indication of common cold. These symptoms can be reduced with the drugs used in the allergy treatment. These medications reduce inflammation.
Treatment of Sinus
The goals of these treatments are the improvement of drainage of mucus, reduce swelling in the sinuses, relieve pain and pressure, clear up any infection, prevent the formation of scar tissue, and avoid permanent damage to the tissues lining the nose and sinuses. Usually sinus infection can be treated with drugs use in allergy treatment as it shows allergic symptoms. The drug like clarinex is use to reduce symptoms of allergy and inflammation. Sinus infection is also one kind of allergic symptoms. Clarinex reduces inflammation and gives relief from the pain and discomfort. Clarinex inhibit the histamine which causes allergic symptoms and it also possess anti inflammatory properties. This allergy treatment drug is also used to reduce rhinitis allergies symptoms of allergy. Clarinex not only reduces inflammation of sinus but also inflammation caused due to osteoarthritis and gout.